Since we set out in 2012, Etch has worked with dozens of Startups and Multinational companies to design and engineer Software. We establish long-term relationships with clients to help them improve and maintain their online services.
We’re taking on more challenging projects and want to scale-up from a Trio to a Quartette. Plus we’ll be able to arrange that table tennis doubles match, at last!
We only work on about six products a year, which allows us to give projects our full focus and build a stronger understanding of the problem we’re solving.
Canterbury (near London) is our hometown, but we’re a distributed team so you can work from anywhere. We arrange quarterly meet-ups to bring everyone together and hangout for a few days.
You’ll be building web apps with React (our library of choice since 2015), and we maintain a few older projects that sit on Laravel and Rails.
You’ll be using solid tools like Slack, Trello, Github, Heroku, Travis, Codacy, Snyk, to name just a handful.
You’ll be involved at every step of a project — from the initial proposal, all the way through to post-launch support.
- Experience working with a fully remote team.
- Experience building complex, feature rich web applications.
- Working knowledge of Git, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
- An eye for good user experience.
- Experience writing/maintaining unit and integration tests.
- Experienced in basic linux server administration.
- Practical knowledge of Heroku.
- Workspace budget (enough for a shiny new MacBook).
- Conference trips and meet-ups.
- Summer hours in June, July, and August.
- 20 days holiday a year (increasing with tenure).
- A week off at Christmas.
- Annual bonus.
Position: Software Engineer (first advertised February 2018).
Contract: Permanent, Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Salary: We’ll offer a competitive salary based on your skills and experience.
Location: You can work from anywhere, but if you’re a train-ride from London, it’s a huge bonus.